Get Rid of Unsightly Stains with Carpet Cleaning Services
‘Ti’s the season to be jolly…’ or so the popular Christmas carol goes. Unfortunately, the lyrics don’t go on to tell you what to do if you have gotten quite merry and spilt something on the carpet. Fortunately, if you are planning on entertaining guests over the festive season and a drink is accidentally spilt on the floor, you can contact expert carpet cleaning services to assist you.
Tips on how to remove red wine from a carpet
If you are having a party, nothing puts a damper on the evening quicker than red wine being spilt on a carpet. However, if it is late in the evening and you are unable to get assistance from carpet cleaning services, there are a few things you can do to remove the stains from the carpet.
First, while it is important to act immediately, you must remember to remain calm and follow these steps:
- Blot the wine immediately. The longer you leave it on the carpet, the harder it will be to remove. Use a clean cloth and blot in an up and down motion. Never rub from side to side as this will just push the wine deeper into the carpet. Blot from the outside and work your way in to prevent spreading the stain further.
- Add some cold water and continue blotting. The water will dilute the wine and help reduce the stain.
- If the stain is still not coming out, you can cover it with a generous amount of salt.
- Leave this for a few hours and let the salt absorb the moisture from the carpet.
- When the stain feels completely dry, you can vacuum up the excess salt residue.
If the stain is still refusing to come clean even after you have taken action, don’t stress. Remember, you can contact a reliable carpet washing service for help. With their expertise, they will soon have your carpets looking as good as new.
If you are wanting your carpets cleaned by professional carpet cleaning services, contact Clean Care Mobile for assistance.